As I have written in a previous post, I will be chairing together with my colleague Dr Felix Schäfer a session at CAA 2012 on Linked Open Data for the ancient world. The session (code Data1) will take place in the morning of March 27th and our programme looks really interesting and with a good balance of theoretical reflections and practical applications of LOD in Archaeology.
These are the 5 papers –given in no particular order — to be presented (you can also bookmark the delicious stack created by the organisers):
- Eleanor Scerri, John Goodwin, “A Semantically Linked Ontology of Aterian Lithic Reduction“
- Anja Masur, Christian Ansorge, “Data sharing in archaeology: vision, nightmare or reality?“
- Leif Isaksen, Elton Barker, Rainer Simon, “Sea++: Connecting the Ancient World with Pelagios Project“
- Leif Isaksen, Kirk Martinez, Graeme Earl, “Archaeology and the Semantic Webs“
- Ethan Gruber, Gilles Bransbourg, Sebastian Heath, Andrew Meadows, “Linking Roman Coins: Current Work at the American Numismatic Society“
We hope to see you there! Otherwise watch his space for updates as I will be posting materials before and after it.